Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP: Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

I had that red and black jacket when I was a kid. I learned that Thriller dance. I had leather pants with the white socks.

It's a sad day all over the world because the King of Pop is now dead.

I remember rewatching the Thriller music video on a VHS tape that I would rewind countless times over. It was one of my first time also watching zombies. WTF are zombies I would ask my parents?

Fuckin scary.

Just forget the eccentric lifestyle, Bubbles, Macaulay Culkin, the oxygen tank, the pigmentation, the pedo-molestation charges, etc.

For a second, just remember the music and pop culture-ness of the icon of MJ.

Michael Jackson, you will be missed.

Now listen to Thriller live below.





And to cheer you up, go watch Filipino inmates do the Thriller dance again.





And if that doesn't cheer you up, nerd up with UGO's King of Nerds tribute.

1 comment:

  1. :(

    Sad Thursday indeed. I'm watching Thriller on MTV as I type this. Still the best music video of all time, in my opinion. No one did it better. His music will live on.

    ReplyDelete