Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Hills Run Red (Trailer)

I'm a sucker for horror movies where the plot is the search for snuff or some dastardly sick horror movie that nobody has ever seen.

But after seeing the trailer for The Hills Run Red, we may get another course in this subgenre of horror. There has been a reemergence in vintage, slasher flicks with Laid to Rest being the best of the bunch. But this flick follows the tried and true formula of hiking teenagers, gratuitous nudity, an unkillable masked slasher and tons of gore and splatter. The buzz and hype for The Hills Run Red has been maxed out with appearances by Dave Parker and Sophie Monk (who goes full frontal in THRR) at SDCC.

The hype has been shockingly positive.

Here be the plot:

The story centers on a film fanatic whose obsession with finding a complete print of an infamous slasher movie leads him and two friends into the backwoods where the film was shot. They realize too late that filming never ended -- and now they must survive a nightmarish onslaught or become part of the movie forever.

The movie comes out on DVD September 29th via Warner Premiere.

Check out the teaser trailer below.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry man had to skip the whole post just so I could say I CANT WAIT for this film, I have been hearing awesome things down the pipeline so I am on an official fast for information until I see the film for myself. Enjoy the trailer for me in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. No problem dude. I've joined the hype bandwagon. Who knew a Warner premiere release that goes straight to DVD would be one of the most anticipated slasher horror films of 2009?

    It looks damn good.

    ReplyDelete